Congratulations to the Newly Elected ISLMA Officers
- President-elect Jacob Roskovensky, Charleston High School, Charleston
- Treasurer Katherine Femal, Woodstock High School, Woodstock
- Member-at-large Gretchen Zaitzeff, University High School, Normal
- Member-at-large Krystina Kelley, Belle Valley School District, Bellville
ISLMA-Share is the new ISLMA discussion list replacing the previous islmanet-l listserv. It is an electronic discussion list for anyone who is interested in school library media programs and who has an e-mail address for sending and receiving electronic mail.
ISLMA-Share is hosted by the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS). This is the place where school library media specialists and others interested in what's happening in school library media programs in Illinois can come together over the Internet to share ideas, resources, problems, and solutions - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Please have patience as we make the transition from the old to the new list. There could be some unexpected issues come up. We will take care of those as soon as possible.
If you are currently subscribed to the listserv your new subscription should be automatic.
If you are not currently subscribed please click here for instructions on joining.
Save The Date!
YA Battle of the Books
The ISLMA Conference YA Day Committee is pleased to announce the titles for the 2016 Statewide Battle of the Books, which will occur on Saturday, November 5 at Tinley Park during the annual fall conference.
The 2016 ISLMA Battle of the Books Book List
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- Hidden by Helen Frost
- I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 by Lauren Tarshis
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Michael Vey: The Prisoner of cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
- Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
- See You at Harry’s by Joanna Knowles
- Sidekicks by Dan Santata
- The 13 - Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths
Detailed information about the 2016 YA Day events will be available this summer. Registration for Battle of the Books Teams will open in the fall. Tournament Rules can be found online at: https://goo.gl/vD77qW.
As YA Day information is shared, copies of all documents, forms, and information will be available in a Google Drive folder accessible at: https://goo.gl/xU8UO7. If you have questions or would like to volunteer to assist with YA Day activities, please contact Christy Semande email@example.com.
The most current version of I-SAIL! If you are interested in a framework to teach the needed skills in all content areas you will want to click here.
Remember these standards, benchmarks, and objectives are aligned to the new Illinois Common Core Standards, AASL and NGSS as well as the ISTE standards.